The study was designed by Dan Austin who manages the Congestive Heart Failure Unit. It was completely funded by the High Desert Heart Institute under the direction and supervision of Dr. Siva Arunasalam, who is the Founder and Director of this institute. Dr. Siva Arunasalam announced more preliminary results of the study, which are now public record though yet unpublished.
The data is being peer reviewed and will be submitted to a number of medical journals for publication.
During the early part of 2009 a 90-day human clinical study was started at the High Desert Heart Institute. The study started with 35 congestive heart failure patients that were from the Congestive Heart Failure Unit at the institute. It concluded in July of 2009 with 33 patients. One patient dropped out because they received a new heart. The other patient dropped out because they were not able to remain compliant to the study’s protocols.
There was nothing else for us to try, we had tried everything with these patients. All patients showed a tremendous improvement in many, many objective data points that only can be attributed to ProArgi-9. . .”
Dr. Siva Arnasalam
Over the course of the 90 day study, each patient received extensive diagnostic testing which generated approximately 7,000 points of data. Some of the tests used to generate this data were:
- Full Blood Panels (including fasting lipid and electrolytes)
- Full Urine Panels
- 2 Forms Pulse Wave Analysis
- C-Reactive Protein Levels
- Vitamin D3 Levels
- Ankle Brachial Index Testing (using ultra sound doppler)
- CT Heart Scan
The patients chosen for this study had all reached their maximum pharmacological and medical management, and there was nothing further that could be done for them outside of a heart transplant. Each patient was given 4 scoops of ProArgi-9 Plus per day for 90 days. Each scoop of ProArgi-9 Plus Plus contains 5 grams of pharmaceutical grade L-Arginine as well as several other ingredients that support Nitric Oxide production and heart health.
It will be a period of time before this study will be completely ready for publication. However, the following general results was made by Dr. Siva Arunasalam who helped direct and supervise this study:
. . but what we ended up seeing was remarkable positive remodeling of the heart, positive pulmonary artery changes, pulmonary vascular changes in terms of pulmonary pressures, changes in the cardiac dimensions, changes in heart function. . .”
Dr. Siva Arnasalam
- 18% increase in HDL Cholesterol
- 40% decrease in triglycerides
- 8% Glucose reduction
- 25% decrease in c-reactive proteins
- 11% reduction in creatine levels
- 35% increase in magnesium levels (even though there is no magnesium in the product) magnesium is very important in improving heart health
- Decreases in platelets in the blood
- Albumin decreased by 70%
- Bilirubin decreased significantly
- Vitamin D levels increased by 183%
- Systolic BP decreased by 13%
- Diastolic BP decreased by 17%
- Peripheral blood flow increased to the feet (an ankle reading) by 16%
- CASP (Central Aortic Systolic Pressure) decreased by 6%
- Pulmonary Hypertension dramatically improved
- Quality of life measurements significantly improved for all participants
You can read the study summary here or listen to the full recording of the study conference call below.